Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Nature in Outdoor Workouts

Hiking In Los Angeles, CA


 


Summer is around the corner, so I ditch my 4" louboutins and lip gloss for lululemon gear and my comfy asics tennies. It's time to succumb to less that perfect hair and start making my clothes work as hard as I do. Why not take a hike or a brisk walk and embrace nature while you burn some calories. I love outdoor workouts because it challenges my body to inclines, declines and obstacles, while leaving behind the monotony of any indoor workout machine. And besides, I hate when I am sandwiched between 2 occupied machines as I get a collective whiff of body odor and sweat dripping on my machine. GROSS!!! Studies have shown that outdoor activities increases your mood and boosts your self-esteem. I'm in!! Hiking is much more appealing than any indoor workout because it mentally and physically stimulates me as I shed calories. Whether hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains in Los Angeles, or taking a brisk walk in Central Park in New York City, outdoor workouts will beat boredom, boost confidence, and endurance and burn fat!!

LA's Best Hiking Trails


 Central Park, New York City
 Rachel, Erika and I stopping for a photo

3 comments:

  1. As a personal trainer, I totally agree with Dana. Sometimes you have to switch up your workouts and take them outside. Running, walking and hiking outside is a harder terrain, thus stimulating the muscles in a different way. It can make you work harder. You wouldn't train for a marathon on a treadmill, would you? I hope not! If you think so, then you need my expertise! ;) Dana - you owe me lunch after out hike today for my most genius commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dana and Erika too. Just because I workout 2-3 hours a day, does not at all mean that getting outside is the same. While in LA I hike and it is completely different. Even living in NYC and getting outside and walking all over is different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys. Glad you like the outdoor workouts too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Diva's Diary....I am happy to hear a shout out from all Diva's